Kurtz Legacy Society Key Points
- The Legacy Society is a list of those who have named the Clearfield County Charitable Foundation (and through us, other non-profit organizations or existing fund) as the beneficiary of any type of planned or deferred gift… and who choose to be listed. The purpose is to develop a large list that will encourage others to do the same.
- The Kurtz Legacy Society membership is self-reported. We know of others who have included the Clearfield County Charitable Foundation in their estate plans, but who choose to remain anonymous. Thus, they cannot be members of the Society3. Joining the Kurtz Legacy Society requires two steps. First, arrange for a planned gift in favor of the Foundation. Second, inform the Foundation by submitting The Kurtz Legacy Society form. The Legacy Society forms are available through the Foundation office.
4. There is no minimum amount needed to be left to CCCF to qualify. Only that you have made the necessary arrangements and are willing to be listed.
5. The Kurtz Legacy Society members may designate the use of the distributions from their future gifts, or may leave the distributions to the discretion of the CCCF’s Grants Committee. A Kurtz Legacy Society gift may be used to establish a new Named Fund (if the size requirements are met) or may be added to any of the Foundation’s existing funds.
6. We do not ask how much is being left to the Foundation. We encourage donors to discuss their gifts with us to make sure we can comply with their wishes, but this is not mandatory.
7. Bequests are the most common methods used to leave a gift to CCCF. However, you may also make the Foundation the beneficiary of IRA/401K plans, insurance policies, establish a charitable trust in favor of the Foundation, or use other methods. All of these can qualify a person or couple for membership in the Society.
8. We will list the Kurtz Legacy Society members in publications such as our Annual Report, newsletter, ads in newspapers and event programs.
9. We will hold a special reception just for the Kurtz Legacy Society members each year and invite Society members to all other Foundation events.
10. Gifts supporting the Clearfield County Charitable Foundation will ensure our ability to create a better future for all of us.