For those interested in effective charitable giving, there simply is not a better partner than a community foundation. When you establish a fund at the Clearfield County Charitable Foundation, you gain a partner in philanthropy. The Foundation supports your giving by making available different types of funds that are flexible, innovative, and personalized. As a donor, your charitable intent and personal approach to giving will determine the type of fund that is best for you. For the last ten years the Foundation has been making a difference in the lives of people in Clearfield County and the surrounding areas thanks to numerous gifts, large and small, from members of our community. The pooling of these gifts has allowed us to help people realized their dreams and to connect those who give with those who need.
There are just four steps to creating your own fund at the Clearfield County Charitable Foundation. Here’s what you need to consider in order to become a part of local philanthropy in your community.
Decide When to Give – You can create your own fund now, establish it in your will (and become a member of the Kurtz Legacy Fund) or create it through a trust arrangement that benefits your family as well as charity. Tax deductions are earned at the time of your gift, while grants awarded from your fund will continue into the future.
Decide the Name of your Fund – Almost any kind of asset can be used to start your fund, such as cash, publicly traded securities, real estate, life insurance, tangible personal property and private foundation assets. We can also discuss other options with you, such as bequests, charitable remainder trusts, charitable lead trusts and charitable remainder trusts, charitable lead trusts and charitable gift annuities.
Choose a Type of Fund – We offer a variety of funds that are flexible to meet the donor needs and charitable interests:
- UNRESTRICTED FUNDS offer the broadest giving option, allowing grants to be made wherever our board of directors & professional staff determines areas of greatest need.
- FIELD OF INTEREST FUNDS provide grants that meet the needs in a particular field or geographic area that is of interest to the donor.
- DONOR ADVISED FUNDS enable you to recommend specific organizations to receive grants annually.
- DESIGNATED FUNDS let you support specific organizations while we make sure that grants to these groups remain relevant over time and responsive to changing circumstances.
- AGENCY ENDOWMENT FUNDS are established by nonprofit organizations to provide income to them. The Foundation handles all administrative and investment responsibilities, freeing the organization to pursue its charitable mission.
After you decide on these four simple steps, the Clearfield County Charitable Foundation will prepare a fund agreement that outlines your charitable intent. This simple process can be accomplished in a short period of time, depending on your needs and the complexity of the gift.
For more information contact the CCCF at 814-592-7331, email@example.com, or by writing to PO Box 1442, Clearfield PA 16830.